Here’s the second part of The Buntis Story – Month by Mont Pregnancy Development (1st Trimester) I hope you will enjoy this too. 🙂
My Fourth Month (Congenital Anomaly Scan CAS)
In my fourth month my cravings in sweets are increased, that is why my doctor requested for a FBS it was a type of blood test that will inform us the sugar level in our blood and thank God that my sugar level are still normal. My weight increases to 112.5 lbs and my tummy start to swell measured 20 cm. Drowsiness and tardiness are still the same. And I continued taking up my prenatal vitamins and milk
In my 20th weeks of pregnancy my doctor gave a request for a Congenital Anomaly Scan (CAS) this is a sonogram test that needs to perform on the 18th weeks to 20th weeks of pregnancy. This scan will identify if the baby’s developments are normal.
The sonographer will examine all your baby’s organs and take measurements. She will look at:
- The shape and structure of your baby’s head. At this stage severe brain problems, which happen very rarely, are visible.
- Your baby’s face, to check for a cleft lip. Cleft palates inside a baby’s mouth are hard to see and are not often picked up.
- Your baby’s spine, both along its length, and in cross section, to make sure that all the bones align, and that the skin covers the spine at the back.
- Your baby’s abdominal wall, to make sure it covers all the internal organs at the front, as well as check the placenta, umbilical cord and the amniotic fluid
- Your baby’s heart. The top two chambers (atria) and the bottom two chambers (ventricles) should be equal in size. The valves should open and close with each heartbeat. Your sonographer will also examine the major veins and arteries which carry blood to and from your baby’s heart.
- Your baby’s stomach. Your baby swallows some of the amniotic fluid that he lies in, which is seen in his stomach as a black bubble.
- Your baby’s kidneys. The sonographer will check that your baby has two kidneys, and that urine flows freely into his bladder. If your baby’s bladder is empty, it should fill up during the scan and be easy to see. Your baby has been doing a wee every half an hour or so for some months now!
- Your baby’s arms, legs, hands and feet. The sonographer will look at your baby’s fingers and toes, but not count them.
And we are really blessed that my 20 weeks old baby inside me was completely developing healthy and normal.
4th Month Baby’s Development
- baby’s length is like a banana
- baby is gaining weight
- The baby’s skin is now coated with greasy white thing called vernix caseosa that will protect her to amniotic fluid.
- Meconium is accumulating in your baby’s bowel. This sticky black substance made up of sloughed cells, digestive secretions, and swallowed amniotic fluid will show up in her first dirty diaper.
Fourth Month Summary
- Continue prenatal vitamins and milk
- Weight increases to 112.5 lbs
- tummy fundal height to 20 cm
- Tardiness and drowsiness continues
- Cravings increased
- Taking FBS
- Performed Congenital Anomaly Scan
- My tummy starts swelling.
My Fifth Month (Diet!!!)
In the fifth month of my pregnancy, my baby kicks!!!! ahahahaha I’m so happy about this but I do really gained a large number of weight. From the 112.5 lbs. in my 4th month to 122 lbs. in this month. ahahahahah as in nagtakaw ako noh!!! what I just did is eat eat eat eat and sleep sleep sleep sleep.
My doctor warned me about the weight because it was too huge gain weight to a pregnant woman. She said that the normal monthly weight gain for pregnancy is only 4 lbs. and I gained almost 10 lbs. in just only 1 month. My tummy swelled to 27 cm from 20 cm. She advice me to take fiber diet to avoid unwanted C-Section 😦
I still continue the prenatal vitamins I’m taking and my doctor added Caltrate-Plus for my bones 1x a day to support the baby’s bones which started to develop by this month and the Enfa mama milk.
5th Month Baby’s Development
- The arms and legs grows longer
- Her skin is still thin that the blood vessels and arteries become visible.
- Her bones continue developing more than last month
- Her primary and deciduous teeth will be formed in the gums.
- She is now fully expressive. She can stretch, yawn and make cute faces.
Fifth Month Summary
- my baby kicks 🙂
- huge gain weight 112.5 lbs. to 122 lbs.
- tummy fundal height to 27 cm
- taking fiber diet
- taking additional vitamins for bones Caltrate-Plus 1x a day
- Continue prenatal vitamins and milk
My Sixth Month (Heaviness and shortness of breath)
In this month I started to feel the difficulties of being pregnant. I started to feel the heaviness in my tummy specially when she moves and I do experienced shortness in breathing every night. There were also times that I woke up feeling so hot and can’t breath even our room is air-conditioned, I just feel better when I set a fan in front of me.
My weight in this month is 130 lbs. and my tummy measured 28 cm. I still continue my fiber diet, no sweets, no to cold drinks, and my doctor limits my rice to 1 cup only. All prenatal vitamins are still continue but the Enfa Mama milk was discontinued to avoid more weight gain.
6th Month Baby’s Development
- The baby’s five senses are developing more and more and already beginning to function.
- Bones are becoming solid, hands are now fully developed.
- The skin becomes less translucent as pigment starts to deposit.
Sixth Month Summary
- Feel heaviness and shortness of breath
- weight 130 lbs
- tummy fundal height to 28 cm
- continues fiber diet
- discontinued prenatal milk
Stay tuned for the last part!!!